- Agni, literally means fire and refers to the fire like activity in the alimentary canal, responsible for
digestion of food and its assimilation. This process takes place continuously in the body. Agni is
represented by various types of enzymes in the gastro-intestinal tract and in the tissue cells themselves .
Depending upon the function and site of action there are 13 different types of Agni in the body. They belong to the following categories:
- Types of Kayagni / jatharagni (Digestive fire of food).
- Types of Bhutagni (Digestive fire of Pancha Mahabhootas / 5 elements).
- Types of Dhatwagni (Digestive fire of Seven Dhatus / Tissues).
Ayurveda believes that most of the disorders arise due to imbalanced Agni. Disorders like, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), lack of appetite, acid reflux, and major skin disorders like eczema, psoriasis, vitiligo etc are all because of imbalanced Agni.
- According to ayurveda indigestion can be compared with AJEERNAM.
- A toxic materialcalled ama produced as a result of indigestion.Fasting is very good method to digest this ama.
- Indigestion also known ass despepsia,is a condition of impaired digestion.It is medical condition charecterised bychronic or reccurent pain in the upper abdomen, upper abdomen full ness.Dyspepsia is a common problem and is frequently caused by gastroesophageal reflex disease (GERD ) or gastritis.
- Upper abdomen pain
- Pain worsen by exertio
Treatment Case Study
- internal medication(trikatu choornam,ashta choornam,Gandharvahastadi kashayam,indukant kashaym,etc)
- therapies(abhyangam,swedana,etc) customised on the particular health condition.
- Hinguvachadi choornam
- Vaishwanara choornam
- Ashta choornam
- sukumara kashayam
- Vilwadi gulika
At Om Vedic, we have seen marked improvement in all such health conditions, just by correcting their Agni.
Disclaimer: All data provided in this website is to be used for information purposes only. The website’s content is not a substitute for direct, personal, professional medical care and diagnosis. Examples in these materials are not to be interpreted as a promise or guarantee. Customer testimonials as found on our Website are strictly the opinion of that person; your results may vary based upon your constitution or circumstances.