HYPERTENSION AND HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE:
- is high pressure in the arteries and it is abnormal. It is known as the ‘silent killer’ because there are usually no symptoms. May be revealed only after a check up or more seriously, after a stroke or heart attack. Value above 140/90 mm of Hg is considered high.
- In Ayurveda, it is a Goodha Linga avakta vyadhi. In blood pressure three doshic involvement is there. Usually there will not be any laksanas. Very few people complain of headache, etc. It is incidentally diagnosed when they come with other diseases.
- Intake of fat rich diet.
- Sedentary life style.
- Intake of more sodium in the diet.
- Indulgence in alcohol and smoking
- Stressful lifestyle.
- Women taking contraceptive.
- Persons having kidney disorders
- Change in the life style
- Reduce body weight
- Reduce salt intake
- Strict control in sugar in case of diabetes
- Strict diet with low fat foods
- Advice walking
- Alcohol intake and smoking has to be discontinued
- Pranayama, Meditation, Relaxation, Hearing Music.
- Ayurvedic medicine such as Sarpagandha is a drug of choice in such cases. Shirodhara is the external therapy advised which has proved to be beneficial. Thalam can also be used with Rasnadi curnam
- For specific treatment, always consult with a qualified Ayurvedic physician.
Treatment Case Study
Age : 54 Years Sex : Female
C/O High blood pressure for few month because of increase in stress levels.
she was keen to take ayurvedic therapy for relaxing her.
- Advised life style changes along with Diet modification
- Advised some internal medication
- Advised Shirodhara
- After 15 days her blood pressure came down to normal. We monitored this for a month. It was remarkable improvement.
- Asked her to follow same diet, life style and medication for another 2 to 3 months.
Disclaimer: All data provided in this website is to be used for information purposes only. The website’s content is not a substitute for direct, personal, professional medical care and diagnosis. Examples in these materials are not to be interpreted as a promise or guarantee. Customer testimonials as found on our Website are strictly the opinion of that person; your results may vary based upon your constitution or circumstances.