- Its a degenerative joint disease effecting lumbar vertebrae and intervertebral discs,causing pain,stiffnes.
- according to ayurveda vetiation of vata is creating pain and stiff ness.
- Low backache
- pain radiating to back of thigh, buttocks
- Numbness of the limbs
- Loss of touch sensation
- muscle weakness,tingling
- Morning stiffness may be present
- Pain inceases by changing postures
- Maha yogaraja guggulu
- Ashta vargamkashayam
- Rasna saptakam kashayam
- Ganda thailam
- Kati vasti
- Ksheera vasti
Treatment Case Study
- Sex-Male Age-65yrs
- Complaints- Lower back pain and is not able to sit and stand for longer periods, it usually aggravates his condition. Morning he experiences stiffness in the lower back and does some stretches which helps him a bit. Sometimes the pain radiates to the legs as well.
- History- Back pain past 15years. He has been seeking many treatments, but has not helped to much extent.
- Ayurvedic approach:-
- Patient was asked to do regular stretches (advised by ayurvedic physician), after long hours of standing and sitting. He was put on the course of therapies to strengthen the lower back and set of medicines to build up the strength in lower back and decrease the pain. Mild diet restriction was also advised.
- 1st week :- Reduced morning stiffness.
- 2nd week:- Was able to sit longer than the last time.
- 3rd week:- He was able to sit and stand for longer periods without any discomfort.
- 4th week:- All his complaints were reduced to minimum.
- He was advised for regular therapies and medicines for 1 more month.
- After 1 month, he was feeling much better with no symptoms. He was advised to follow the life style and diet for 2 more months. Patient is perfectly fine now(Still to follow life style).
Disclaimer: All data provided in this website is to be used for information purposes only. The website’s content is not a substitute for direct, personal, professional medical care and diagnosis. Examples in these materials are not to be interpreted as a promise or guarantee. Customer testimonials as found on our Website are strictly the opinion of that person; your results may vary based upon your constitution or circumstances.